THIS TRAINING HAS PASSED
Teens, Street Drugs, and Opioids: Facts, Risks, and Overdose Prevention with High-Risk Youth
Monday, June 6, 2016 – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm – Auburn, ME
Staff of youth-serving agencies and alternative schools are invited to a FREE training sponsored by New Beginnings and the Maine Department of Education.
Participants will learn more about risks related to different types of drug use and how to engage youth to address street drug use among at-risk adolescents, including:
- Common Street Drugs, Opioids and IV Drugs
- Engaging Youth in Risk Reduction Dialogues, including risk for HIV and HepC
- Harm Reduction Principles and Practices
- Understanding Use and Stages of Change
- Overdose Prevention and Syringe Exchange
Training is provided at NO COST to participants, and includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Presenters: Joanna Berton Martinez, Senior Trainer & Curriculum writer with HRC, Boston, ME and Shannon Curry, Curriculum writer of “Young People and HCV,” Evergreen Health Services, Buffalo, NY.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, May 30, 2016
PDF Copy of Training Flyer: Teens, Street Drugs & Opioids Training 06.06.16