Website Transitional Living Program
Do you have strong case management experience? Do you have the skills to help grow our case management program? We have an amazing and very supportive Transitional Living Program that you should join! We are hiring talented and enthusiastic people who are committed to making a difference for homeless youth in Maine. For nearly 40 years, New Beginnings has helped children, teens, and young adults find safety, build connections, and access the opportunities for growth that they need to thrive. Our comprehensive services prevent young people from becoming homeless, support struggling families, and help vulnerable youth grow into stable and healthy adults.
The lead case manager position serves an assigned caseload of homeless youth at both the Transitional Living and Community Living Programs. As a case manager you will be a member of a team dedicated to improving the lives of young people. You will coordinate services from a variety of agencies and departments within New Beginnings and in the local community to address the needs and ambitions of youth. Utilizing a positive youth development model, you will assist youth as they transition towards independence and safe, stable housing. In this challenging and rewarding role, you will provide case management, teach life skills, and facilitate recreational and group activities. We use a strength-based approach that fosters partnerships with youth and adults.
· Coordinate assigned caseloads ensuring continuity of care and that warm transfers occur internally
· Complete reviews of client case management files
· Assist team with developing measurable and pertinent training goals
· Complete individual assessment of youth’s needs and strengths
· Develop and review plans of care with youth
· Teach life skills
· Meet with clients at least once a week or more as needed
· Interact with schools, doctors, and other professional community agencies
· Act as a liaison between external professional agencies and youth
A minimum of 5 years of case management experience is required. Bachelor’s degree required in a human services related field or Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services related field and 2 years human services experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience along with your résumé