Website New Beginnings
New Beginnings is hiring a Director of Finance and Human Resources. This key leadership position within the agency has oversight of New Beginnings’ Finance, Information Technology & Human Resources. New Beginnings is seeking someone who has the skills to adjust to the ever changing financial realities of a non-profit while holding themselves and their team accountable to the mission, vision and goals of the agency.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to set goals, develop plans, design strategies, and evaluate progress toward outcomes. They will possess strong leadership skills with solid nonprofit organizational experience, and excellent supervisory skills.
New Beginnings continues to explore opportunities to expand resources for runaway and homeless youth in the region. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Development and Community services to improve and grow the capacity of New Beginnings and as a key member of a seven-person leadership team, the candidate will help guide and grow the agency.
Inquiries will be accepted until the position is filled.
Each year, New Beginnings provides 700 children, youth, and families in Maine with opportunities for the safety, connection, and growth that all people need to thrive. Whether a young person is facing a night on the streets for the very first time, or has been surviving on their own for years, New Beginnings can help.
New Beginnings began serving youth in 1980 by opening an emergency shelter for runaway and homeless teens. From humble beginnings, the agency has grown to employ 40 staff working at sites across 3 counties, with an annual budget of $3 million. New Beginnings’ spectrum of housing, family mediation, counseling, educational support, and outreach services prevent young people from becoming homeless, support struggling families, and help vulnerable youth grow into stable and healthy adults.
New Beginnings’ innovative model of care combines positive youth development and harm reduction with approaches that recognize and respect the unique cultures, trauma, and strengths of the people we serve. We value our dedicated employees, who create the caring and trusting relationships that are at the heart of our work and that bring about change.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise the Agency’s financial, technology and administrative office staff,
- Accountable for the fiscal oversight of the Agency,
- Responsible for the preparation and administration of the Agency’s budget and works with Program Directors with implementation and accountability,
- Responsible for maintaining adequate levels of cash for operations, including processing grant draws,
- Maintains the Agency’s investment and banking relationships,
- Maintains an understanding of MaineCare reimbursement regulations,
- Monitors the Agency’s insurance coverages,
- Develops and implements written financial procedures for the agency,
- Provides oversight and security of the Agency’s technology operations,
- Is responsible for the procurement standards for the Agency,
- Is responsible for the timely preparation of budgets for grant applications, contract renewals and reporting,
- Serves as a member of the Management Planning Team assisting with meeting the Agency’s strategic and programmatic goals,
- Regular attendee of the Finance Committee meeting,
- Prepares fiscal reporting for the Board, and attends Board meetings, as necessary,
- Responsible for the fiscal management of personnel benefits, enrolling new employees, and ensuring compliance for terminated employees,
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and Training:
Generous Benefits Package:
- 100% paid health for employee
- Dental, life, disability and long term care insurance
- 33 days of accrued earned time off per year
- 403b retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience along with your résumé to email@example.com