Website New Beginnings
The youth worker position is the MVP in the Transitional Living Program. As a youth worker you will be a member of a team dedicated to improving the lives of homeless young people. Utilizing a positive youth development model, you will assist youth as they transition towards independence and safe, stable housing. In this challenging and rewarding role, you will provide case management, teach life skills, and facilitate recreational and group activities. We use a strength-based approach that fosters partnerships with youth and adults.
- Provide direct supervision of youth in the Transitional Living Program.
- Teach life skills
- Assist with transportation as needed
- Engage with youth in daily activities
- Interact with schools, doctor’s offices, and other professional community agencies
- Act as liaison between external professional agencies and case managers
Bachelor’s degree in human services-related field preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience with high-risk youth, youth in a residential setting or two years of college in a social services-related field. Drivers license with clean record required
100% paid health for employees,
Dental, life, disability and long term care
33 days of accrued earned time per year
403b retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience along with your résumé