Website Community Services
New Beginnings has been a leader in youth HIV prevention education and sexual health training since 1990. The successful candidate will continue to grow that reputation and visibility by maintaining and updating content to reflect new science and research in the field. The Prevention & Training Coordinator will have the opportunity to continue building statewide networks of support and leverage existing relationships to improve the quality of resources available to vulnerable youth in Maine.
- Coordinates and delivers prevention services and manages the training program.
- Works directly with youth and young adults who are at risk for homelessness, including facilitating HIV/pregnancy prevention groups and individual risk assessments with youth in New Beginnings’ programs.
- Provides prevention, harm-reduction, and LGBTQ+ competency related training to internal staff and through grant-funded community trainings statewide.
- Trains and provides ongoing support to other adult and youth/peer prevention educators.
- Assists with ongoing needs assessment, program evaluation, and development of new programming.
Bachelor’s degree in human services-related field or additional education/training in health or human sexuality preferred. Position requires reliable transportation; clean driving record; ability to travel to training sites statewide; and work some evening hours. Experience in HIV/pregnancy prevention and inclusive sexual health education may be considered in lieu of education for the right candidate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience along with your résumé