Website Outreach Services and Drop-In Center
Job Description: The Youth Worker staffs a Drop-In Center for street youth. Plans and conducts recreational, cultural, social, and youth development activities in conjunction with youth. Provides crisis intervention, information and referral, and basic needs for adolescents who are homeless or at high risk of becoming homeless. Performs street outreach services to locate youth who are disconnected from traditional services. Maintains an atmosphere of trust, respect, and equality with youth in all service provision.
- Establish supportive relationships with homeless/street youth
- Develop and assist in facilitating group support sessions and other activities
- Assist youth with basic daily living needs, referrals to housing and other services, and provide practical assistance (transportation, shopping, etc.) as needed
- Assist in staffing the Drop-In Center
- Complete intakes, screening and needs assessments
- Provide street outreach (on foot and in our van) in areas of Lewiston and Auburn
Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in a human services related field. Experience working with youth, preferably in a non-residential setting, may be substituted year-for-year for up to two years of the educational requirement.